Kim Kardashian: I Did Not Go to a Fashion Show in Haiti

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1 comments
Huffingtonpost.com
Tuesday December 20, 2011 03:15 PM EST
Kim Kardashian: I Did Not Go to a Fashion Show in Haiti | Kim Kardashian
Kim Kardashian in Port-au-Prince, Haiti


Kim Kardashian wants to set the record straight about her recent trip to Haiti

Eariler this month, the reality star headed to the Caribbean country, which was hit by a earthquake in 2010, with her mom, Kris Jenner, to learn more about the charity We Advance, which is in part "a movement to advance the health, safety, and well being of women throughout Haiti" according to its website

But contrary to some reports, she was not there for a fashion show, she wrote Tuesday in a post on her website

"Our mission was to learn more about [actress Maria Bello's] charity, We Advance, meet the Haitian people who have made such amazing progress since the devastating earthquake in 2010, and celebrate the women of Haiti, who inspired me more than I ever could have anticipated," Kardashian wrote.

When Kardashian returned, she says she saw "malicious" reports that say she "spent a fortune" on herself in Haiti. 

"While my experience was completely life-changing ... a very emotional and surprisingly positive journey that I will never forget, some media outlets have tried to tarnish the motive behind my visit and have written completely ridiculous and untrue things," she wrote. 

"The truth is that I was at the Haitian Artisan Fair, where the amazing men and women who make their jewelry and crafts sell them to visitors to make a living, and I bought some beautiful jewelry!" 

In the end, she said, she had a positive experience trying to give back. 

"I have some really great stories and photos from my trip and I'm so excited to share them with you all," she wrote. 

















1 comments: